Learn how to make the best real food Fruit Popsicles with fresh cherries and cream in this easy no bake dessert recipe.
The summer heat is here and we’re doing everything we can to cool off. Can you relate? We’ve been making a lot of ice cream and ice pops in addition to our normal frozen fruit snacks.
I’ve made a lot of ice pops in my time, and the first thing the girls proclaimed when they tasted these was, “These ice pops aren’t good – they’re the best ice pops we’ve ever had!” They do crack me up.
If you prefer your ice pops a little less sweet, you can leave the maple syrup out although I think it adds a nice balance to the half and half.
Easy Cherry Fruit Popsicles
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the maple syrup into the half and half.
- Put 3 pitted cherries into each ice pop mold. I use pitted frozen cherries. You can substitute, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or chunks of your favorite fruit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the cherry or other fruit juice to each ice pop mold.
- Slowly add 1 tablespoon of the sweetened half and half mixture to each ice pop mold.
- Continue alternating between the juice and half and half mixture until the ice pop mold is filled. Make sure you add them slowly if you want a marbled look.
- Put the caps on the ice pop molds and transfer to the freezer, then freeze until hard (about 3 hours or more). Remove from freezer and serve.