Are you looking for a new cookie recipe to bake this year? These Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies with Maple Icing will quickly become one of your favorite fall recipes!
Are you doing cookie baking this week? Then you’ll want to add this recipe for Pumpkin Coffee Cookies with Maple Icing to your baking list!
It combines the fall seasonal flavor of pumpkin spice with one of my favorite flavors – coffee. The maple icing brings it all together with the right level of sweetness.
Bake up a batch of these cookies for an office or holiday party, and everyone will be asking you where to get the recipe! And I may or may not have had one of these cookies for breakfast with my morning coffee the other day.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies with Maple Icing
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Blend the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, use your electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until the butter is smooth and light in color.
- Add one egg at a time while continuing to blend with your electric mixer.
- Stir in the pumpkin spice extract. Stir well to make sure that all ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the pumpkin spice coffee grounds, stirring to mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until ¼-inch thick. Use a 2-inch circle cookie cutter and place 1-2 inches apart on your lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 19-22 minutes, or until center of cookie is firm. Allow to cool slightly while on the cookie sheet, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using your electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Slowly whip in the powdered sugar.
- Once thoroughly blended, add the vanilla and maple extracts. Mix well to blend all of the ingredients together.
- Scoop the icing into a pastry bag with a large tip. Match the cookies for size and shape then separate into pairs.
- Squeeze a thin layer of the frosting on the bottom half of each of the cookie pairs. Immediately place the other half of the cookie on top of the iced cookie half.