Stuffed mushrooms make a delicious appetizer or side dish. Learn how to make the best sausage stuffed mushrooms in this easy recipe.
I love stuffed mushrooms. So one day when I was thinking about stuffed mushrooms (because I’m hungry all the time) and thought they’d be the perfect carrier for leftover stuffing!
So we combined the stuffing with our favorite sausage and a few other ingredients and came up with a delicious appetizer that would be great for any holiday party. I’d even eat them for a mid-week meal!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 15 large stuffing mushrooms
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage (my favorite from is Butcher Box)
- 1 cup homemade stuffing leftovers work great
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. Turn over on paper towels to allow them to dry.
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a large skillet, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Once it's cooked through, set the sausage aside and allow it to cool.
- Add cooled sausage to food processor and pulse until the sausage is fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sausage, leftover stuffing, pecans and cranberries. Mix until well combined.
- Add goat cheese and mix until well combined.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a spoon or your hand to stuff each mushroom with the filling. Garnish each mushroom with extra pecans or cranberries if you'd like.
- Lay the mushrooms out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet then bake the stuffed mushrooms for 20 minutes or until they're cooked through and starting to get a nice golden color to them.
- Serve Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms warm on a serving platter.