Learn how to make the best Strawberry Apple Pie with a crumble topping in this easy vegan and gluten free dessert recipe.
I have always loved dutch apple pie. When you you add strawberries to it, it takes the flavor to a whole new level!
We used our gluten free homemade pie crust recipe that’s flaky and flavorful in this recipe. You can use any pie crust recipe (or pre-made crust) as well.
Be sure to use refined coconut oil in your crust and topping as you don’t want to overpowering flavor of unrefined coconut oil in your strawberry apple pie. You can also substitute palm shortening if you prefer and it works great.
Strawberry Apple Crumble Pie Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Dough cutter
- Pie Pan
Gluten Free Crust Ingredients
Gluten Free Crust Directions
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add the palm shortening and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. If it’s too dry to stick together, you can add 1 tablespoon of filtered water and mix in.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden.
- Gluten free pie crust pressed in pie pan
- Remove from oven to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, arrowroot powder and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and water and mix well.
- Lay the apples out in the pan and then top with the strawberries.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the apples and strawberries.
- Strawberries and apples in gluten free pie crust
Crumb Topping Directions
- Mix the sugar, palm shortening and flours in a bowl. It should look clumpy.
- Sprinkle the mixture over your fruit.
- Crumb topping sprinkled over strawberries and apple in unbaked pie crust
- Place your pie in the oven and bake for about one hour. The pie should be bubbling and golden brown; if not cook for 5-10 more minutes and check again.
- Serve warm or cold – it’s delicious either way!