Are you looking for a yummy yet healthy candy corn treat for your family this fall? This Candy Corn Fruit Parfait is the perfect balance of nutrition and sweetness!
Fruit Parfaits are one of the most eaten breakfasts in our home, especially during the warmer months. I love how easy it is to put together a delicious fruit parfait in just a couple minutes.
While most often we use fresh, organic berries in our fruit parfaits (they have a lower sugar content than most fruit), this time I wanted a seasonal theme with our breakfast.
And that’s when this super cute and easy to make Healthy Candy Corn Fruit Parfait recipe was born. We chose fruits to mimic the color of candy corn, which was one of my favorite Halloween candies before we started on our real food journey.
Most kids love mandarins and pineapple since they’re on the sweeter side, so even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this simple meal.
If the serving size seems a bit small for your appetite, simply increase the quantity of fruit used – your body will love you for sticking with fresh produce. You can also swap the Greek yogurt for whipped cream to turn it in to a sweet treat.
Candy Corn Fruit Parfait
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or whipped cream if you prefer a dessert
- 1/3 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/3 cup mandarin slices
- Start by spooning your organic Greek yogurt into the bottom of your serving dish. I like to use mason jars or the fun ice cream serving dishes we have.
- Next, evenly distribute the pineapple over the top of the Green yogurt, then follow the pineapple with the mandarin slices.
- Enjoy your candy corn fruit parfait as a tasty breakfast or as a refreshing snack.