Learn how to make the best oven baked Shrimp & Kale Four Cheese Dip in this easy hot appetizer recipe.
When it comes to entertaining, I love preparing easy appetizers. While the easy appetizers I normally prepare can be pretty simple like veggies and hummus or chips and guacamole, sometimes I like to prepare something a bit more hearty and nutritious.
You can supercharge your easy appetizers by adding nutrient packed veggies like kale. Fortunately my kids love kale, so they’re willing to try anything I make. Just say the words cheese dip (or shrimp) and they’re definitely on board to taste test.
If you’re looking for a new easy appetizer to prepare, give this Shrimp + Kale Four Cheese Dip Recipe a try.
Shrimp + Kale Four Cheese Dip Recipe
- 18 shrimp fully cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup kale chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup sweet bell peppers finely chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 400° F.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan. Heat on medium to high. Add kale and garlic powder to pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, reducing heat to low about 6 minutes in. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- In the same pan used to sauté the kale, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat on medium to high. Add peppers, mushrooms and grape tomatoes to pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, reducing heat to low about 6 minutes in. Remove from heat.
- In the mixing bowl with the kale, add peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, shredded cheddar, shredded Parmesan, shredded smoked Gouda and crumbled feta. Stir until well combined.
- Add cooked shrimp, green onion, cayenne pepper and lemon juice to bowl mixture.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Taste test your dip. Once your dip is as you like it, transfer it to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake at 400° F for approximately 10 minutes (stirring the dip halfway through if you’d like). Remove from the oven and your chunky shrimp 4-cheese kale dip is ready to serve! Best enjoyed as an appetizer with tortilla chips.